Sunday, August 24, 2014

Getting ready

Hi friends! 
In 2 days my family and I will be going to Burundi which is a small country in Africa next to Rwanda and Tanzania. While we are there my dad will be teaching nurses to do Anesthesia in the hospital there called Kibuye Hope Hospital ( it's pronounced kib-eww-yay). He will be the only anesthesiologist there even though there are other doctors. 

The plane ride is 20 hours, we fly from Seattle to Chicago, and have a 6 hour layover, then we fly from Chicago to Brussels, and have a hour and a half layover, and then from Brussels to Bujumbura which is the capital of Burundi. A few people in the team will come pick us up and we will spend the night in a hotel, the next day we are going to go shopping,  Then drive the three hour drive to where we are going to live for the next 9 months. I'm very exited to met new people and see new things. I will try to keep this blog updated on my African adventures.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Ella for sending us the link to your blog. I know you will have many amazing adventures this year and although we will miss you and your family very much we are very excited for you and look forward to hearing all about it. I really do hope that you keep this blog up to date both for us and for future you! We will continue to be thinking about and praying for all of you.

    ReplyDelete